Forums » Gorean Knowledge

What is your favorite quote of Gor?

• 14 posts
    August 3, 2019 9:12 AM CEST

Tal dear reader,

Did you know we have a section here where you can look up quotes? You can find it here.

What is your favorite quote?

My favorite quote: 

"Truth is a strange thing.
    There is a danger in seeking it, for one might find it.
    That one does not like a truth does not make it false.
    How few people understand that!"

Witness of Gor, page 586

Why is this my favorite quote? I'd rather hurt you honestly than mislead you with a lie. 

I wish you well,

Yahto

• 43 posts
    August 3, 2019 1:07 PM CEST
    „True freedom,” she said, „is to follow one’s own nature."
    Beasts of Gor, p.391

For me, this quotation contains everything that makes Gor so fulfilling and the gorean philosophy that lies within it. Isn’t it our inner and true self, yes our own nature, which we should live and follow in order to live truly fulfilled, happy and free?

In my opinion, definitely yes! That is why I have chosen this quote as my House’s motto.

The purpose of our life is to find our true self and true freedom!

The inwardly free man finds freedom through honour and faithfulness and only through owning a woman he finds the fulfilment of his nature. The inner slave girl finds her freedom only in her submission, in the chains of a free man. Both follow their inner nature and thus enter the path that the universe has provided for them.

Alduras
    • 23 posts
    August 8, 2019 1:20 PM CEST

Tal friends

"It is one thing to own a woman, and it is another to have her within the bonds of an excellent mastery."

Page 465 - Magicians of Gor

Looking for excelence in mastery is one of the objectives I chase.  Providing quality to my Master and slave relationship.

Of course I agree with my friend Alduras in his quote...True freedom is to follow one´s own nature.

Excellence in following own nature...good combination

• September 4, 2019 12:42 AM CEST

Greetings Masters
    Greetings Mistresses
    Warm regards kajirae

There are soooo many quotes and she can't find her favourite.  It was more about the strength of men and the beauty of the feminine female finding herself at his feet.

She likes this one too though: 

“I like being a slave. No, that is not enough. I love being a slave. I love it! I love it! It is what I am, and should be. I could not be happy, and fulfilled, out of a man’s collar. It is always what I have yearned for, to love and serve, to belong, to be owned, to be mastered and dominated, dominated by a powerful male, a master, who will see to it that I am superb as a female, he will permit nothing less, he will have all from me, dominated with severe and uncompromising perfection, to know that I must please, fully, or be beaten, to be subject to discipline, to the blindfold and gag, to chains and the whip! Indeed, I sometimes want the master to whip me, so that I may know myself truly slave and his, as I wish to be.”